Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 And 2017 Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 250Next Topic  

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  01:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add STKRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am looking at both a 2006 and 2017 Nickel, and I believe it to be excessive die-wear. Am I correct in this thought process, or is it some PMD like being stuck in the ground.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38573 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Environmental damage.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9470 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not from die wear, as John1 stated, environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2214 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed with John, ED or possibly sat in acid if they are reasonably underweight.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56078 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acid treatment would be my guess, agree weight will confirm.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add STKRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks y'all. How would I decipher from excessive die wear. I had posted a 2012 Denali and was told by many it was excessive wear. Just looking to learn for future reference. Thanks.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 250Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05