Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982-D Copper Small Date?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 458Next Topic  

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  03:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AurthurDent42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I weighed the penny it is 3.1 grams and I have looked at several videos but cannot determine, the wife and I cannot come to an agreement. She thinks it is, I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated, I tried to get the best pictures of the date as I could. If they are not close enough, I can try again.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2831 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  04:10 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

This is a large date.

Here's a side by side of the large and small date for 1982 showing how to tell them apart. Hope this helps!

Click the picture for a larger image

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Edited by Yokozuna
03/05/2021 04:12 am
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AurthurDent42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the clarification
Pillar of the Community
United States
3666 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye, a large date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56077 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Use the Search box above to read over 400,000 past threads on this subject.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
03/05/2021 08:55 am
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AurthurDent42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all,
I no longer need help on this matter
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1696 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have looked at several videos but cannot determine,

Just because someone makes a video doesn't mean they know either
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16945 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EZ to tell apart the small and large dates:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
Canada
71 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 829729742 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, this was confusing, but it is large date
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AurthurDent42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible to have a strike over (cause I know of an example of a D over an S)? because to the naked eye it looks every bit a small date until you put it under the microscope. We can see a clear difference between the large and small date, but this one was confusing. Not arguing, just curious of the possibilities because it is kind of strange. So grateful to be part of this community, thanks for putting up with a noob.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05