Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$50 Dollar Bill Very Fancy Sieral Number! Full Birthdate And Their Age

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,022Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  10:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Brandonlee9011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a $50 Dollar Bill (United States Curency) with a very fancy serial number! It has the birthdate (01/18/49) and the age of that person (72). So anyone born on January 18, 1949 would be 72 years old. 01 (January) 18 (the 18th day) 49 (1949) = that person is 72 years old.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4197 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Geez. Spend it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62974 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Total spender, no value over face. Don't kid yourself.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
03/05/2021 10:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19266 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was a One Dollar bill, worth keeping and framing it for your personal sentimental reasons. Of no interest to anybody else.
$50 is waaay too much to pay for such a keeper, for the reason mentioned above.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, if I'm following your reasoning correctly, it's accurate till next year when the person is 73. This may be a first for me, a time sensitive fancy $50. Believe it or not, this type of description is becoming common on eBay. Personally, birthday notes to me use the entire serial number, which should read 01181949. I would consider it a spender.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1494 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF 'Brandonlee9011'

- the problem with fancy serial numbers is they're kind of on the 'fringe' so some collect em/others don't. Just below this thread is another good one on "Near Fancy Serial Numbers:"
http://goccf.com/t/277231#3103773 br /

-Take a look at some of the numbers members posted there & I think you'll see what I mean.

IMO: stick to special serial numbers (radars. repeaters, low# or ladders, etc). Every collector agrees that these are cool, collectible serial numbers. Stay away from anything that sounds a bit suspect like "Broken Ladders" or Devil's # (666) & such hype one might see on Social Media outlets/eBay.

And happy hunting. I'm sure you'll find a good one yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
903 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's cool! Still worth $50.
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get thinking it's fun. I personally wouldn't keep it (I also wouldn't notice the relation there), but if it makes you happy enough to spend $50, it's all yours to keep.
Learn More...
United States
106618 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,022Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: