Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1864 1$ Confederate States Of America Bill *need Quick Help*

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 403Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  11:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning I recently came across In 1864 Confederate States of America $1 bill.. It is in pristine condition... It does not say copy and it looks legit.
Richmond Va..
What's completely throwing me off is the reverse side isn't blank.. It says $1 in blue With the 4 corners 1$.

No matter what research I do I cannot find another one that's printed on both sides...

Any info is appreciated asap before I drop $100

Help!!!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56862 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll need pics to help!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, "pristine condition" would scare me away.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm gonna try to post a couple pictures
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9722 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the serial number? That can sometimes help in determining if it is counterfeit.
Also they were printed only on one side but sometimes the reverse was stamped. Can you which it is?
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I shouldn't have said pristine condition, But it's an excellent condition.. Everything about it looks good to me unless I'm missing something.. I'm by no means a professional and I just started collecting paper currency a couple years ago.. I came across this through a friend who bought a piece of furniture and found it in-and-in a drawer.. But I can't find one that's printed on the reverse which is what made me nervous
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9722 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Counterfeit
Serial number 82129 is a known counterfeit number aside
from the fact it is printed on both sides.
Save your $100.00
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THANK YOU!!
I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3161 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD is spot-on. It's 100% Bogus.
See for yourself... http://www.crutchwilliams.com/BogusCSA_RoTx.html
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I check the crutchwilliams site and a couple others like it for every obsolete banknote. Great resource, although unfortunately no updates in a few years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
778 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bottom left of the note by the 1 has small print that will say something like Facsimile.
You can see it in the pics you posted. Also the paper tends to be much thicker than
on genuine notes.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye, I looked and didn't see it, but I do now.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 403Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05