Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Is For Anyone That Is Using Dansco Albums.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 596Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  8:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
some of you may know about these, some not.
But Shopping around for more new Dansco albums for my other coins, I found a "Insert & Data Pages" for numerous Dansco Albums. The insert in between the pages and gives a bit of information about the coins being displayed.

here is an example - this one for the 8176 Eisenhower album..

eBay item number:274392779067

I already ordered one for mine..

I think that not only would they give information, they may also act as a buffer between the pages for additional protection from the coins hitting another
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10916 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up on that.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TerpFan95 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info!! They provide a lot of interesting information.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Glad to see this get its own topic for visibility.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notaproblem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thinking I might just have to get me one! Thank you!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Dearborn, I officially hate you. You just cost me a whole bunch of money.
Seriously though, I think these are great. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Umm.. my pleasure?

I think these are great additions to the albums.. I already bought a few..

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
United States
782 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...none for ASEs?

Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember seeing these on the littleton branded Dansco 7070 and always wanted some but couldn't find them for less than $200 on ebay with the full album. Cool to see them for other albums! Thanks for posting!
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck, at some point Littleton had a genuine, real, brown Dansco 7070 and added a Littleton stamp to it and had some cool informative pages printed and added, similar to what Dansco puts in the State Quarters and ATB Quarters albums. Don't know how many years ago, but I'm guessing before they came out with their current green albums. It was unquestionably a Dansco album just with a Littleton stamp added.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, thanks Dearborn. I've bought 7 of these so far. Love them.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
UK 20th and 21st century
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
By the way, thanks Dearborn.

My pleasure.

Quote:
I've bought 7 of these so far. Love them.

I have several as well. They do look good in the albums. I plan on having them in all my Dansco's
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Okay, I have to ask... what is that?

Did you mean these Littleton albums?

Funny enough I 100% meant what I said.

It is a full Dansco 7070, gold page and all, but with Littleton branding stamped onto its back inside cover and spine, instead of Dansco! Then it has some pretty awesome insert pages that show every coin and a little history with them. I've been really tempted to pick one up.

Don't see any available right now, here's a link to a sold one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dansco-Lit...353361184359
Pillar of the Community
United States
976 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great information here. I never knew about the inserts or the Littleton Dansco thing.

Thank you everyone!
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Littleton had a genuine, real, brown Dansco 7070 and added a Littleton stamp to it...

Quote:
It is a full Dansco 7070, gold page and all, but with Littleton branding...
Wow! That is very interesting. I never knew that existed. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05