Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bell Telephone Silver Award Badge

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 228Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
407 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2021  01:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Time for some ebay fun. I tried listing this on ebay:
Bell Telephone Silver Radiant Star Award Badge for 16 years attendance The pin back star is sterling silver, .925 fine, weighs 6.5 grams and is 29 mm in diameter. The obverse has a silver bell mounted on a radiant star burst. The Bell is inscribed "Attendance Award 16 Years". The reverse is marked "oTo @ STERLING" and they automatically rejected it for having a telephone number in the listing so I finally listed it without a description! It will be fun to see what happens next.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56845 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's fun, thanks for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3687 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From back in the old days when you could get a job with the telephone company and be set up for lifetime employment and a good pension.
Learn More...
United States
99300 Posts
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Ken those were the good old days but it worked both ways. If you crossed Ma Bell she would never forget it. I worked for a small P.I. firm that was loosing it financially and was dodging Ma Bell's bill collectors amoung others. The clown was foolish enough to write my paycheck on a closed account and then laughed at me when I complained. So I turned my keys in to the landlord and went to Ma Bell's and turned in my pager (remember those?) and the office phone which in effect shut him down.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 228Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05