Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934 S Peace Dollar . *warning, Contains Graphic Content * . #272

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 531Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  2:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well here's another severely worn Peace dollar that I hope some of you will take a stab at.

It's nuts, I agree, but 34 S's in this condition sell for $30 to $40 all day long on eBay these days. Seems that both Peace and Morgans in the lower grades have risen in desirability lately and people are paying way more for a coin like this than I ever thought they would. This coin had tape residue across the face. I soaked it in acetone to remove the residue but because of the tape it wore and aged unevenly.

So I know it's as ugly as it gets, but none the less, how would you grade this old Peace dollar?

Edited by KauaiHawaiiGuy
04/04/2021 2:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3016 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG Details damaged
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58377 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F details (rim nicks, scratches).
Edited by Coinfrog
04/04/2021 4:45 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10198 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Graphic content"?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7120 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulated details coins - F/VF.

What is the reason behind 'graphic content' in the title?
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Two people in a row have asked about the "graphic content" in the title. It was just my way of inserting a little tongue-in-cheek humor. Many movies and TV shows as well as some YouTube videos and Facebook pages tag disturbing videos with this warning. Well this coin is so ugly I thought it just might trigger some strong emotions and be disturbing to some viewers.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10198 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

jeez, just a little tongue and cheek to add some levity. even I got this one right away
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22024 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 details.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 531Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05