Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Shield Back Penny Struck Through Or PMD?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 398Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  12:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wheatpenny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. I need a little help. I found this penny in a brand new roll CRH. It looks to that it was struck through debris? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Wheatpenny1
04/05/2021 1:43 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please rotate photos properly before posting. Also they are a bit out of focus.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheatpenny1 to the CCF!

very out of focus...but it might be as you say.

please post a clear picture
Pillar of the Community
Canada
637 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do not seem to be struck through. Look at the distance between the line and the rim. Better photos will be better if possible. Seem to be a PMD, but closer look will be better.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wheatpenny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope these new photos are better.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos are much better.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1st picture: looks like a very nice strike through
close ups : look raised... eyes playing tricks on me.
i have always had a hard time telling what is incused and what is raised

try taking a picture at an angle and a full picture of the reverse.... if you got the time

thanks
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wheatpenny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres a couple pics with the coin tilted and also the reverse and a further away obverse pic.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
put me down for a VERY nice strike through.

congratulations.

on a very new/shinny coin, it is hard to get nice pictures.

being this came from A BU ROLL, pretty much helps the strike through argument.

Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice coin,congrats.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any gray showing through the plating? It does look like some split plating on the bottoms of the date? But the area in question shouldn't be showing any gray color, if it is a struck through error. (But it does appear to be one from what I can see)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wheatpenny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No gray showing through. Its tough to get a could pic with the sheen. Thanks to everyone who commented. Ill put this in the keep pile!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The incuse mark has two ends that stop abruptly. So that appears to be a struck through issue. The wider area reminds me of struck through glue/paper. Looks like a keeper.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1060 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice find. Definitely a keeper...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a nice find. Definitely keep it. Lots of errors coming out of mint in 2020.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 398Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05