Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mint President Dollar Rolls - Sell Them Or Spend/Deposit Them?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 385Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  01:56 am Show Profile   Check man2004's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have nearly a full run of US MINT Presidential dollars rolls - Washington to Reagan P&D - that I've had for years. I wondering if they are worth selling for a premium over face value on eBay. I wanted to know if any other members have any experience with modern dollar rolls. I'm having second thoughts about just depositing them at my bank. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Micheal
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38884 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post a photo of the rolls so we know what type of rolls they are.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17329 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they are actual US Mint rolls they will probably command some premium, especially the post 2012 rolls. But typically not as much as the buyer paid the Mint for them.

If they are bank rolls probably not more than a couple dollars over face value and they would be hard to sell. Local dealers tend not to want them and shipping tends to eat up any profits from online sales
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
04/09/2021 08:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had someone deposit a roll of each quarter design and half of them were bank rolls and the other half were mint rolls. They take too much space in my collection so I kept them at a bank until I found a collector that was interested in purchasing those types of mint rolls at which time he got them for face value.

Its up to you. Problem with Ebay is that once you find a buyer you will have to pay roughly 13% in ebay/paypal fees. You may be able to make something but it will be a little.
Learn More...
United States
99185 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4393 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not auction off a set of Ps and Ds with auction starting off at face and see is there's enough profit to sell more... if not spend em
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wulffy11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would certainly try to sell some of them them. As Conder101 stated, the post2012 issues command heavier premiums. The Warren G. Harding one seems to be in higher demand. I have often seen the U.S. Mint wrapped roll sell for $100. I keep my eye on some of the prices because I wish I would have ordered these from the mint.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check man2004's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add man2004 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. I'll follow up on my progress and I'll remember to post in the 100K project when I spend my other loose small dollar coins!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20201 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try spending them. May not even be able to do that with those things.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05