Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1834 Half - Something Off?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 368Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
125 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just bought this coin on eBay. Now when I take a closer look at the listing photos, the color seems a bit odd. Don't have the coin yet. Thoughts?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56906 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty nice to me. What in particular about the color bothers you?
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3891 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice original coin by the looks of it .
What is the concern ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3162 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fine to me
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely has a fair bit of color, and it looks like that color is making shapes that may be whats looking off to you

Looks like a great half to me
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I concur, looks like a nice XF coin to me. Have you weighed and measured it to see if it is within specs? Should be 13.48 grams, 32mm diameter and 1.7mm thickness. If you still have concerns after that you could do a specific gravity test to determine the composition.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I don't have the coin yet. May be the monitor I was using this afternoon -- seemed to have a sort of acetone mottling, but on my home PC I don't see it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9604 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has a greenish tint on my monitor. A bit odd but coins can pick up darn near any color in the rainbow so I wouldn't be concerned from those images.
ANA #R3154474
Learn More...
United States
99412 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
May be the monitor I was using this afternoon -- seemed to have a sort of acetone mottling, but on my home PC I don't see it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 368Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05