Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Lincoln Small Date!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 194Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DMN to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys! I think this is it the one! I just found this 1982 small date. And it weighs exactly 3g! And I wanted to share it with my Coin community family first!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4885 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it does indeed appear you have a 1982 small date copper. However, the rare one that's worth quite a chunk of money is the 1982-D small date copper. The one you've got here is a Philadelphia minted coin, hence the "no mint mark". So while the 1982 small date copper is a more difficult one to find than the large date, it's not as rare as one may think. Keep hunting though! Maybe someday you'll find the big one. Still worth hanging onto if you don't already have one. They are a bit tougher to find than a large date copper.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
04/15/2021 9:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3885 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, that's a copper small date Philly '82. Unfortunately, the small date '82 D copper cent is the extremely rare one. Yes, keep looking--I have for many, many years.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56645 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothingburger, very common, sorry!
Edited by Coinfrog
04/15/2021 10:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1858 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only about 1,730 miles from paydirt . Might as well save it as copper small dates seem to be harder to find now a days while roll searching.
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DMN to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I knew that it wasn't the "Big One!" But when you've looked through ahgezillion 82-83 and weighing them I was just happy to find a small date!! Lo!. Can You guys take a look at my post on the 1984 Lincoln on the reverse it's something I've never seen. Its not linear or die polished and give me some feedback on what you think it is. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05