Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found My First DDR From The 43 Pounds. A 1937 LWC.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 406Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I can't tell which one it is, as it is in pretty poor condition. I also found several 1936 but I haven't got to take pictures yet.
Kind Regards

Edited by VestigeWolf
04/15/2021 9:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5620 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circulation flattening.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DDR Notice the EGG shaped Dot in-between the E & P and the large leg of the L Nice now ya need to match it. Congrats
Valued Member
United States
306 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice DDR find! The L on the reverse gives it away for sure. Good job. Go here and find a match.
www.coppercoins.com
Edited by Scuba1
04/16/2021 01:14 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the coin is not in very good condition, it is hard to match the markers. If I am able to match one marker, or perhaps two, is that close enough to catalog the coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see a match on V.V or Coppercoins. A couple were close, but not an exact match. The wide stems were not on your coin, so It was one of the ones on coppercoins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So 1DR-005 would be the closest? I am not sure what you are telling me if you don't see a match but say it was one of the ones on coppercoins.?
Edited by VestigeWolf
04/16/2021 11:08 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coppercoins example had the stronger wheat stems, your coin didn't. So I ruled that one out.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see, thanks for looking. So if I can't find at least one marker, or if one marker is incorrect, it is not considered a DDR? Age and condition play such a big part on these. So you would toss it back?
Kind Regards.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50636 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, it is still a DDR. It just doesn't match any that those sites have attributed yet. An attributed variety was checked with the ones on their site already, and if different, it is added as a new die number. When it comes down to matching, I was looking at the "S" on Pluribus and the PLU also. On the PLU area, these devices were wide at the bottoms and tapered to almost a point. Other dies were not showing that, so they are not considered. But The 'S' was different and that ruled out some other dies. But the wheat stems were not enlarged as a few other examples, so that ruled them out. So spotting differences help to match,or not to a certain die.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably best to save it and just mark it as unattributed for now.

In the future someone may have one attributed and you can label it as such then. Congrats, not the easiest DDR to spot.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop, I have a whole bunch more to come but I will not post them because of your input.
Thank you very much! I now know where to go from here.
In the future, I may be the one to have them attributed. I have one in to ANACS right now.
Thanks also CentSation (nice handle) and everyone else.
Kind Regards,
Deborah
Edited by VestigeWolf
04/16/2021 7:27 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56646 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find, congrats, and well photographed.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05