Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 P LWC - DDR With A Twist, Unknown Variety.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 259Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
148 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  09:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There are so many 1936P DDR varieties that I may never know which ones I have. They are so similar that I am just going to mark them unknown. I wanted to share this one because it has a missing leg on the R in Liberty. It took a hit but I think it was grease filled. What do you think?

Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Edited by VestigeWolf
04/17/2021 10:49 am
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The broken and partially broken leg, are well-known markers for the '36 LWCs.

I believe a few of the DDOs have it as a marker, also.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep learning something new everyday. I saw the WDDO-019 had it but did not realize it was that prevalent. Thanks much.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In fact, DDR-5 has the broken R.

http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...6PDDR005.htm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50836 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The broken 'R' is not a die issue, but a working hub issue. There were several of these dies created from the broken device on the working hub.

CoopHome: [/b]"How can you tell a die chip from a broken hub issue?"[/b]

An example of a die chip is the BIE. That is very well know to cent collectors. The void on the die breaks off and creates a raised area on the coin. On the broken hub issue, the broken off area doesn't form anything. So the space is just blank on the coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/17/2021 12:12 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to start reading better! Thanks so much for all the info and pictures you two.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 259Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05