Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Type Additions: 1900 10c & 1936 Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 477Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11732 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  8:59 pm Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It wasn't my intention to get graded coins, but that's just what I ended up with so the pics aren't as good as they could be because of the plastic and taking pics wasn't a good enough reason to break the seals just yet.

I didn't see the obverse scratch on the 10c until taking pics, but it's still a heck of a lot better looking than most in my price range! I paid a little more than I wanted for this type, but I didn't want a trashed out coin or something cleaned to high heaven, which may become a recurring theme...

The dollar is solid in my opinion, maybe even undergraded, but a decent price in any case:

I had a few more dimes (40s and 50s) ordered but they have yet to arrive after three weeks (not coming from Canada, either...), so I'm backtracking on those. I'm also planning on catching up on the 1911 "Graceless" or "Godless" coins soon.

Thanks for looking!

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tusker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick-ups!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11732 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, tusker!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
800 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice scores. Keep up the good work.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
590 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed and the scratch is not distracting. My personal feeling is that if your have to magnify more than 3x to see a defect like that then maybe it's not such a big deal. Coins in this sort of condition are hard to find. My experience is that most (though certainly not all) of them are already graded so it's hard to avoid the TPGs. On the other hand, there are some people, including many on thins forum, who crack their coins out of the soft or hard containers was a matter of principle.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15389 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice , great start to build up your Canadian coin
collection .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
633 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, love that dime!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11732 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I don't plan on breaking them out unless I have a good reason to. For now, I can put them in binder pages with everything else, but if I manage to get a good Canadian Type album, I might think more seriously of freeing them to put in there.

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 477Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05