Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Silver Eagle Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 415Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2021  8:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silverspork to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just bought 2 tubes of 2021 eagles. They all have the same issues, the biggest is the reeds. They all seem to have one damaged reed and some of the reed is flared to the reverse creating a bur. I think this is a mint error but I am not sure. If so, does the change the value of the eagles at all?

Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume this must be something to do with the machine that reeds the edge. Seems to me like your batch must have been produced with a busted collar that imparted that broken reed onto each of the eagles.

As it stands, I would probably consider it a mint error, but something so minor and only affecting the reeds of a bullion piece, I don't see it altering the value up or down
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11026 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1478 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it's bullion. Even so, something like that would actually keep it from getting an MS70 grade and hold it in MS69 if you did desire to grade them.

I'd think it would have to have been a damaged collar die. rim finning does also occur sometimes. neither would be added value type incidents, it would be grade limiting, but good thing they are bullion anyways.

You can weigh them, maybe rule out the dealer that you bought them from shaving off a piece of the reeding to make an extra buck. LOL
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 415Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05