Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1949 A To Denticle 1 Cent ICCS MS65

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 486Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
477 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  06:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just received word that my 1949 A to denticle penny graded MS-65 RED.

Does anyone have a population report on this and can tell me how many of these have been graded at 65 and is there any that have been graded higher?

And the big question...if I was to sell it, what is it worth?

Thanks everyone
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39434 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1108 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
18 others have been certified at MS-65 by ICCS (as of the latest 2016 pop report). However, there is also 24 unattributed.
1 at MS-66
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3917 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And they are incredibly difficult to sell at a realistic price .
We have two in stock ....for over five years!
This is a Coin that is on my list of top ten
dog Canadian Coins .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4139 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pacificoin, and what is a reasonable price, as a % of trends?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3917 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure , enlighten us ?
Last sales on Heritage that I found

66 Red @ 3290
65 Red@ 1880
65 Red @ 1437
64 Red @ 632
64 Red @ 223
All in USD w/ BP
Edited by Pacificoin
04/28/2021 1:20 pm
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
18 others have been certified at MS-65 by ICCS (as of the latest 2016 pop report). However, there is also 24 unattributed.
1 at MS-66

Hugh Powell has (or had) the MS-66 in his inventory. I have seen that coin and most of the ICCS MS-65 Red coins - and I can say the majority of those would not cross with PCGS, both with the grade and more importantly, the colour. That is why there is only 1 MS-65 and 1 MS-66 Red in the PCGS population reports:

https://www.PCGS.com/pop/detail/geo...37-1952/4300

That said, if your coin is bright red, has good eye-appeal and clean surfaces, it could generate interest in an auction from those who are trying to get a MS-65 Red in the PCGS Registry game... Colonial Acres Auctions have generated strong results with really nice George VI 1c coins in the past year. Most people shelling out the higher dollar amounts for superb ICCS coins, are PCGS registry set players.

I do agree with Pacificoin, in MS-64 grades, this coin is a really hard sell.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
477 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info everyone, I have to say, my balloon has lost a bit of air after reading some of the comments...maybe my little penny isn't as special as I thought it may be.

Would it be a good idea to send it off to PCGS? Are they the go-to coin grading company
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would it be a good idea to send it off to PCGS? Are they the go-to coin grading company

Yes, but only if you are sure it will cross. PCGS is really tough on mint state bronze 1c coins. It has to be 95% or more red. If it does cross, it will be a top-three coin.

Frankly, if it is a really nice coin with strong colour and nice eye-appeal, you could save the hassle and expense, and consign it to an auction company in its ICCS flip - if your intention is to sell it.

Post some photos here when you get it.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
United States
4565 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when it arrives.....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 486Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05