Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Large Cent 9 Over 8

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 316Next Topic  

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  1:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add St4520 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin might have a 9 over an 8

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58221 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Duplicate thread?

to the CCF!
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add St4520 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I originally put it into the wrong forum. I deleted the other one. Still learning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3614 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's a 9/8, which used to be called "wide 9 over 8" or just "wide 9" The coin is quite worn, but I think that it is Turner number OB11/RD9. It is one of the more common 9/8's, and one of the at least 13 different reverses and not counting different marriages.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
536 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look at that; Turner number given without being told to buy the book. I should be so lucky.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1375 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terry you have the book(s).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3614 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the OP is/was a rookie. You, Terry, aren't.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JHax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If Bill wants to recommend a book (or not), he should be free to do so and not be chided for it. In these difficult times, please, please, let's be as civil as we can and try to concentrate on enjoying our wonderful hobby!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05