Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Classic US Commemorative Coins With A Military Theme

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 276Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  07:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Many collectors enjoy assembling sets of military-themed coins. Within the classic US series of commemorative coins, I've come up with six "front-and-center" military-themed coins and two "subtle but genuine" military-themed coins that fit the bill for a targeted topical collection.

Here's an index to the posts I created about the classic US military commemorative coins over in the "Post Your..." forum area; each includes a brief history on its military subject that is new/different vs. my previous posts about these coins here.

(Note: There are quite a few military-themed coins in the US modern commemorative series, but those coins are for another day and list!)

Do you think I should have included any others? Let me know!

1. 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial
2. 1927 Battle of Bennington / Vermont Independence Sesquicentennial
3. 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial
4. 1936 (1938) Battle of Gettysburg 75th Anniversary
5. 1937 Battle of Antietam 75th Anniversary
6. 1934-38 Texas Independence Centennial
7. 1922 Ulysses S. Grant Birth Centenary
8. 1900 Lafayette Memorial

As I've stated in each of my previous Index posts, there are many different coins from around the world on display in the target thread. IMO, some have a rather tenuous connection to the theme - I don't consider the simple inclusion of a gun or sword in a coin's design to be enough to classify it as having a military theme! - but there are plenty of coins that do match the theme quite well. So, I encourage you to scroll around a bit while you check out one or more of my US commemorative posts!

As always, for more of my topics on commemorative coins and medals, see: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
04/29/2021 08:00 am
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gettysburg and Texas are both among my favorites of the classic commem series. Quite right on the "list for another day" about those modern commems lots of military options there, though sadly not yet one for each branch of the military
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7121 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05