Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 Mercury Dime MS66+ FB

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 620Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Me and Coinfrog was talking about this coin last week and wanted to put it on and see if yall thought they graded this correct. Paid $6 for this coin, was not graded.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1243 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could have done a better job slabbing it.
And since when is Coinfrog a fan of ICG?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15418 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish this coin wasn't slabbed , Either there's an issue with rims or the slab is messing up the coin . If there are no issues with the rims then I would agree with ICG MS-66+ FSB .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He wanted to see the coin I don't think he cared about who the grader was but I don't know, I don't want to pay 30 to 40 dollars to grade a coin and have to have a membership waste of money for me unless the coin is really high grade or expensive and I don't like the anacs holders to much and I feel that anacs and icg are almost the same anyways.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing wrong with the rims I would not have bought it. If I think a coin is a higher grade I will send it in for grading. I don't get what you mean when you said the slab is messing with the coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58324 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly would not contest the grade. Super example.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coinfrog I really appreciate that. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2476 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say ICG was pretty spot on here. Good looking coin and well worth the $6 and then some. Nice buy!
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you also wanted to ask y'all what kind of value do y'all think it has I've did some research but kind of up in the air with value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2476 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4551 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T-BOP, ICG's rubber slab inserts tend to have a bit of fold over onto the rim of the coin, the edge is probably fine
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39486 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on 100 post milestone.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15418 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
T-BOP, ICG's rubber slab inserts tend to have a bit of fold over onto the rim of the coin, the edge is probably fine

Thanks Adam , I'm not a slab man so I had no idea .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank y'all for all the help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1054 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone seems to agree that the center band is fully split. I would question that. The top and bottom bands are definitely FSB.
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The center band is fully split looked at it last night myself.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 620Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05