Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1888 S Morgan Dollar Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 184Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wanted to see what y'all think this would grade they are asking $235.00. Thanks

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56640 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Banged-up AU-58.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypsetCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might come back as AU Details Cleaned. I see its priced as an AU-50. I wouldnt buy this particular coin without seeing it in hand first under normal light. It looks like it was deliberately photographed in a way to hide something. Let us know if you end up buying it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4207 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be at MS-62 for this one but some concern it's a details coin given it's priced at AU money. Wiped, perhaps with the photography hiding the fine lines.
Edited by fenton
05/03/2021 7:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5464 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luster looks solid and complete across the fields. Given the many distracting contact marks and abrasions I have it at MS-60. Eye appeal is pretty low.

The coin might have been improperly cleaned but I don't see evidence of this in the photos.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the obverse is no better than MS60 due to the amount and severity of the contact marks. The reverse looks a little better but the obverse is a turn off to me. I would rather spend less money for a high grade AU with fewer distracting marks.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea I'm going to pass on this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3881 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low to mid AU range for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9671 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yea I'm going to pass on this one

You will not regret this.
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for everybody's opinion I appreciate it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ill say AU-58 in detail but they probably would give it a 55
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 184Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05