Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Barber Quarter Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 163Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do y'all think this would grade I have a grade in mind but wanted to see what y'all thought. I bought this coin awhile back.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56639 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us a different obverse pic that shows the cheek details more clearly?
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have it in front of me it's put up right at the moment.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56639 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will get the best replies if you remove it from the plastic holder, which often smooths surface issues.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2292 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always tough through the plastic, but I'll say a tentative MS64/64+
Pillar of the Community
United States
4365 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
..]From a quick glance I'd say at lest 64....

105 to go
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Edited by Greasy Fingers
05/03/2021 11:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4207 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clearly very high grade but hard to say without better photos. I'll start at MS-65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15175 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small black spot right outside lips . Nice fields , super clean face . My only issue is the entire shield on reverse .
Grade call waiting on removal from plastic .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10027 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
appears to be in the MS64 range. post a couple obverse photos if you can with a few different angles. I'm looking for missing luster on the cheek as well as to the left of the bust which appears to be a little dull but could be angle or lighting. reverse just a tad weak.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 163Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05