Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My First Ancient Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 221Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
153 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. Previously posted in ""Post Your..." Gallery Topics". ***

This is a common Alexander coin and as it's posthumous, it is worth less. However, I liked the strike and it is amazing to own something so old!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5880 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting piece. Congrats on its acquisition! I hope you enjoy having it for many years to come!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5855 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An iconic coin. A great start to an ancients collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All massive collections start with one.

Welcome to your next obsession!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All massive collections start with one.

Ain`t that the truth!

CONGRATULATIONS
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Learn More...
United States
19519 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
An iconic coin.

I agree. Great start to your ancients collection!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
23549 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely coin. Welcome to ancient coin collecting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful example, congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bu-T-Full, congrats.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
836 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brenpickle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Free it from the slab!!!

Really great coin. I just got a Posthumous Alexander as well. Every ancient collection needs at least one.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05