Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 S You Vs. NGC Another From Recent Lot I Bought

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 294Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So got this with the ai lot also, very nice coin but I think it maybe a DDR also looks it for sure.

Still have a 74 toned ike 2 loomis rolls to go through and some halves.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PR69 DCAM?
Where are you seeing a DDR?
John1

added D CAM
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
05/11/2021 1:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4287 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proofs are often difficult to photograph. With the images posted, I'm thinking PR69, and not seeing convincing evidence of a DDR.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say PR-69 DCAM.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9622 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PF68
Just to be different (tiny black spots)
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed first dot next to the E Pluribus at first then the thickness

Edit- hard to not get glare from slab lol.
Edited by Eyez
05/11/2021 2:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does not look like a DDR to me.
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will take some better pics, cant believe you cant see the break in lower right and center of the A in states and the break in the N and M Unum pitch is a CW UP I believe but heya lol, I have been wrong before lol, And that is the process of learning.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to mention those are great photos even when enlarged
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3285 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos are to dark, to see the fields. But still a nice coin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10155 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when you get above PF67 its so difficult to grade without sharp clear photos with minimal glare. this one looks pretty good for grading above that level but is it a 68 or 69
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17015 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see the fields and proofs are almost impossible to grade from pictures.

68/69
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
could be glare but spread reminds me of 1983 P wddr-002,

Yeah for some reason I have issues with pennies lol,
ill try brightening it up a bit next time.

thx for feed back guys.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05