Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin Available August 19

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 62 / Views: 2,965Next Topic
Page: of 5
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  4:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin Available August 19
2021, August 19

US Mint - The United States Mint (Mint) will accept orders for the 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin™ beginning on August 19 at noon EDT. Each coin contains one ounce of 99.99 percent fine, 24-karat gold. Mintage is set at 12,500 coins, with orders limited to one per household for the first 24 hours of sales.

American Liberty High Relief Gold Coins are produced at the Mint's West Point facility and display modern interpretations of the representation of American Liberty. In 2021, the obverse (heads) portrays Liberty as a wild American Mustang horse, bucking off a western style saddle, evoking the throwing off of the yoke of British rule during the American Revolution. The horse is centered on a rising sun. Inscriptions include "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "2021." The design was created by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) Designer Beth Zaiken and sculpted by United States Mint Medallic Artist Craig A. Campbell.

The reverse (tails) depicts a dramatic view of an eagle about to land, with the inscriptions "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "1 OZ.," ".9999 FINE GOLD," "$100," and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." The design was created by AIP Designer Richard Masters and sculpted by Medallic Artist Phebe Hemphill.
Pillar of the Community
United States
710 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is really different. I like it. :-)
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard pass on this one, gold at 1800 the mint will probably price this one at 2,800. Design is kind of cool but I'm not feeling it a little cartoonish for my tastes.
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the design, out of my budget.
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The e-mail notification from the Mint describing the coin said there will the same design in silver released later this year. I could be in for that since I like the gold but out of budget for me.

Quote:
The American Liberty series also includes a corresponding .999 fine silver medal with the same design as the corresponding gold coin. The on-sale date for this medal will be announced later this year.
Edited by Eagle4Life
08/13/2021 5:58 pm
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I very much like the eagle on the reverse, but I am waffling about it.

Strange that the silver version isn't even on the 2021 Product Schedule. When was that email sent out?
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got it today at 2PM.

Quote:
U.S. Mint: News Release

United States Mint Opens Sales for U.S. Mint American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin on Sale August 19

WASHINGTON - The United States Mint (Mint) will accept orders for the 2021 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin™ beginning on August 19 at noon EDT. Each coin contains one ounce of 99.99 percent fine, 24-karat gold. Mintage is set at 12,500 coins, with orders limited to one per household for the first 24 hours of sales.

American Liberty High Relief Gold Coins are produced at the Mint's West Point facility and display modern interpretations of the representation of American Liberty. In 2021, the obverse (heads) portrays Liberty as a wild American Mustang horse, bucking off a western style saddle, evoking the throwing off of the yoke of British rule during the American Revolution. The horse is centered on a rising sun. Inscriptions include "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "2021." The design was created by United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) Designer Beth Zaiken and sculpted by United States Mint Medallic Artist Craig A. Campbell.

The reverse (tails) depicts a dramatic view of an eagle about to land, with the inscriptions "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "1 OZ.," ".9999 FINE GOLD," "$100," and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." The design was created by AIP Designer Richard Masters and sculpted by Medallic Artist Phebe Hemphill.

Each coin is hand packaged in an exquisite, black presentation case accompanied by the Mint's Certificate of Authenticity.

Pricing for the American Liberty High Relief Gold is determined by the Mint's "Pricing of Numismatic Gold, Commemorative Gold, Platinum, and Palladium Products" table. Click here for current pricing information.

To set up a REMIND ME alert for this product, visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...in-21DA.html (product code 21DA).

Additional products in the American Liberty series are available at: https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-pro...can-liberty/

The American Liberty series also includes a corresponding .999 fine silver medal with the same design as the corresponding gold coin. The on-sale date for this medal will be announced later this year.

Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of August 19,2021, at noon EDT.

Edited by Eagle4Life
08/13/2021 6:37 pm
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The e-mail notification from the Mint describing the coin said there will the same design in silver released later this year.
I saw the same and realized I have now added at least one more purchase for 2021. Silver picked a bad time to get expensive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
710 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I actually like this design, too bad it is gold.

haha there you go jbuck.
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
haha there you go jbuck.
Yup! I see the silver medal in my future!
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opinions on the $2,715.00 price? Seems high but what do I know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd consider it if it were $700 lower
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11307 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It feels like I spent that much in the past month for ASEs, Morgans and Peaces. If I hadn't, I might consider because it is a very cool design.
Pillar of the Community
United States
617 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin (Item Number: 21EBN) went on sale less than a month ago for the price of $2,650.00. It has a Mintage Limit of 15,875.

The American Liberty 2021 High Relief Gold Coin (Item Number: 21DA) goes on sale tomorrow for $2,715.00. It has a Mintage Limit of 12,500.

So, for $65 more, it looks like you'd be getting a lower mintage coin. Now, concerning the gold content...
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2021  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pkluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this coin will sell out fairly fast but I don't see upside on it. JMHO
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 62 / Views: 2,965Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05