Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

June 2021 - RCM Release

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 3,633Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
475 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  12:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A short list this month of mostly high value items:

Pure gold (99.999%) - 1.125 oz - FV $350 - Canadian Wildlife Series #3: The Caribou - 34mm - Mintage 450 - $4,499.95
Pure Silver w' Colourized map - 10oz - FV $100 - Canadas Provincial & Territorial Flags - 76.25mm - Mintage 750 - $999.95
Pure Silver w' Colour & GITD Reverse - 5oz - FV $50 - The Solar System - 65.25mm - Mintage 1,250 - $599.95
25th Anniversary of Maple Tree as Canada's arboretum emblem:
Pure Silver Super Incuse Maple Leaf Reverse Proof - 1oz - FV $20 - 36mm - Mintage 6,000 - $119.95
Pure Gold Super Incuse Maple Leaf Modified Reverse Proof - 2oz - FV $200 - 36mm - Mintage 225 - $7,299.95
Set: 1oz Silver Twoonie + BRX $2 Banknote - 25th Anniversary of $2 Bill replacement - 38mm - Mintage 7,500 - $149.95
Pure Gold Lunar Series: Tiger - 1kg - FV $2,500 - 102mm - Mintage 33 - $105,000 - Noted as shipping in August

All items are flagged GST/HST free.

Year of the Tiger coin represents the start of a new series of Lunar coins given the last series just ended. It remains to be seen whether there are Silver or smaller gold issues planned.

The 25th Anniversary Twoonie/bill set reprises the 1996 issue except the Twoonie is standard silver $20 size @38mm not regular Twoonie sized.

The two incuse Maple Leaf coins are reminiscent of the bullion incuse SML from a few years ago except they are like UHR versions... the incuse pressing is noted as a depth of 1.5mm vs. the 0.3mm of the bullion version.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9796 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the past three years, 2018,2019, and 2020, Canada put out colourized silver proof sets. I only collect the nickels but bought the whole set last year figuring it was a better way to go.
I could always break it up and sell off the singles to recoup my investment.

My Question Is . . .

Will Canada being doing this again in 2021?
Thanks, and BTW I also try to get a pure nickel proof 5 cents but have not seen that one yet either.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6085 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG: So anxious! You asked a similar question last year...

The colorized (colourized) proof sets have come out in July (2020) or August (2018, 2019), so it's still a little early. Unfortunately, the RCM is not great about providing a schedule of upcoming releases, so I can't say when/if the colorized set will be released. Maybe someone else will have better information.

@vonigohcr: Thanks for the June release info!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
475 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TNG

The colourized proof set was issued in July last year... It may be the same this year if they continue the series. The base metal proof set was issued last month (with the BU Silver dollar). You should be able to pick this up from the RCM or an online store like Colonial Acres who routinely break out a few sets to sell pieces individually.

Valued Member
United States
108 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also waiting for the colourized proof set. Looks like nothing for me this month.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
921 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the 5 ounce solar system coin that also comes with a flashlight and will get one as well as the toonie silver with the $2.00 bill set. I guess I like gimmicky. lol lol lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9796 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vonigohcr and commems!
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9796 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the set with the nickel plated steel 5 cents is in the set called Special Edition Silver Dollar Set - 100th Anniversary of Bluenose (2021) on the mint.ca site.

Not to be confused with
Pure Silver Proof Set - 100th Anniversary of Bluenose (2021)
that has the silver proof 5 cents.

Next year it is gonna be crazy I bet with the 100th year of the 5 cent nickel.
1922 - 2022

Yes commems. seems like yesterday I was gathering up all the different 2020's which I did manage to get.
My favorite album!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6085 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
seems like yesterday I was gathering up all the different 2020's which I did manage to get.

Congrats! It's always nice to complete a targeted group!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
292 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those Super Incuse coins look nice. The 2oz Gold Super Incuse is quite out of my price range, but I might go for the 1oz silver.
After I dreamt I had already seen the 2021 Numismatic Set - 25 Years of the $2 Piece From Bill to Coin, I was expecting it to be taxable. The mailout does in fact say no GST/HST. I guess the $2 bill in the set not being legal tender, just makes it a piece of paper, therefore not taxable when included with the .9999 silver coin.
Edited by rjlavoie
05/26/2021 7:45 pm
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Am I the first here to like the map coin?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2814 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The map coin is nice but at $1000 way too expensive.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6085 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing much of interest to me this release. Maybe July!

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it's expensive, and 10X FV is a bit tough to stomach. But I'm a sucker for flags and colors. I think this will look nice displayed next to the 2017 puzzle coin.
Valued Member
Canada
292 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While it was available to high level MC, the 1 oz. Pure Silver Coin Super Incuse Maple Leaf has sold out at the RCM.
Edited by rjlavoie
05/27/2021 9:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
While it was available to high level MC, the 1 oz. Pure Silver Coin Super Incuse Maple Leaf has sold out at the RCM.

I can assure you that it will probably be in the next Coin Show on TSC. 6000 coins are just way too many to be sold out that quick. IMO
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 3,633Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05