Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Opinions 1891 S VAM1c2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2009  03:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 49thStateofMind to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2009  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll want more input than just mine, but....

I think it's a Mint State coin, but depending on the cheek it sure looks like it'd see MS64 in a slab. That makes it a $200+ coin given that 1891-S is a conditional rarity above MS63. The VAM, although R-6, isn't especially collectible and (at the moment) probably wouldn't add to the value.

I dunno. MS63? $100. MS64? $200. You'd want your total investment, including the slab, to allow a profit on resale if you're going to slab it. Either way, I'd hold this one for 5 years while interest in VAMming picks up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2009  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great advice Dave. The "BIG BOYS" in the VAM game are trying their best to get this section of coin collecting noticed. Only time will tell if they succeed.
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2009  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only time will tell if they succeed.

In my opinion, it's inevitable. Morgans are readily available, big and attractive. Their sheer numbers make them a more accessible target for collectors than anything except Lincolns, maybe. If the hobby expands, Morgans will follow suit.

It's my guess that, in this economy, there are many people seriously studying coins as a "safer" investment vehicle. Among them are some who will catch the collecting bug. Either way, I'm expecting Morgan demand, and therefore VAMming, to experience an upswing.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05