Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 P Arkansas Quarter Missing Designers Initials On The Reverse?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 197Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
344 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  2:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just trying to figure out what happened to the initials that should be seen on the reverse. At first I thought it was post mint damage but I'm not sure.
Any opinions?

Edited by My2cent
06/07/2021 8:35 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10175 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly broken off the die similar to a broken post on a D mint mark.
You can see some remnants of where the initials are.
Edited by JimmyD
06/07/2021 2:58 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The initials are incuse on this design. So they mush have chipped off or got polished mostly off the die. (Incuse on the coin, means they are raised on the die. The reverse die does look like it was polished.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1477 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they are very small, it could also be smooshed from all the flattening, that coin has lost a whole lot of detail.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vending machines are tough on coins.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
06/07/2021 9:29 pm
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, either way it definitely makes me understand dye deterioration breaking it off or being worn off through damage I can understand. Thanks everyone.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This information is like a jig saw puzzle. Pieces are often found in no particular order. Sometimes they fit together, but like the 1911-D today for me. Seeing this coin and other information I had found years ago, all came together for me today. I just happened to have the images I needed, and the One from the family today was the piece that put it all together. So it takes new thinking sometimes to figure things out. Instead of thinking like a coin, thinking like a die is often need to put things in the right order. It just takes time.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well put coop. I try to do my best at being patient but sometimes I get so curious. That is why I'm so glad I have this community of knowledgeable people to help me on my journey.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51551 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually this is the quicker way to learn. What took me decades to learn, now can be learned in weeks. I was always give yes or no answers. Thus it was like learning a new language. But using the images to show what I see and so others pick up on it faster, seems to accelerate new ones here. Soon the students are training new students.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 197Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05