Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New To Noodling - Found Consecutive $100 From 2008

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 127Next Topic  

Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  06:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Noodlernoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone! I'm new here. This is my first post. Please give any feedback if I'm in the wrong area and I'll take it onboard.

So being so new to this, I was so excited tonight to find these two $100 in my loot. They are two consecutive serial numbers from 2008 beginning with CE.

Are they worth holding onto? Do they have any added value? And if so, where would I go with these to sell?

Thanks! Can't wait to hear back.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17658 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum

Check this out:
http://goccf.com/f/9
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1319 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. The code # for your $100 is P-61a

That's great to have 2 One Hundred notes from 2008. Now, whether they have any numismatic (collector) value, it is hard to say. What condition do you think they're both in? Condition for banknotes is a bit like location is for real estate, the less circulated- is like living in the posh neighbourhoods, so to speak (value of your house/note will go up). Most collectors want just topnotch examples & less collectors are interested in high denominations (unless they have a special serial number or first/last prefix). Notes are issued with consecutive serial numbers so doubt that will be a big draw.

I took a look at eBay and found one for $130 USD in Uncirculated condition. That's like pack fresh out of a bundle (no folds/no flaws). That's what this seller wants (& that doesn't mean he will get it- depends on who wants them).
You can check it:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/224481716913
-If you're interested in selling, then you may want to try your luck listing it on eBay. You will have to factor in eBay's listing & final sale fees (paypal also charges fees).

Good luck & welcome to CCF. Whenever I see questions like these I check out my site https://sites.google.com/view/notap...sites-forums
& start with the RBA's site:
https://banknotes.rba.gov.au/resour...ial-numbers/
Edited by walk2dwater
06/08/2021 5:39 pm
Australia
2 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Noodlernoob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you for the info! They are circulated so I might just throw them back in the loot and see what I can get in exchange :) I will look at eBay and the sites you have attached. Thanks again for the reply! Helped me make up my mind :):)
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 127Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05