Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2014 Nz 20c Wide And Short Dates

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 169Next Topic  

New Zealand
25 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  11:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay didnt know this just found out like 10mins ago. There are two types of 2014 NZ 20cent coins a wide and short date. Short date has more detail on obverse/reverse then wide date will post pics of both. When you think you know your coins then someone comes along who knows nothing about coins and proves you are still a huge newb.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3014 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi NZStamps,

If you haven't done so already,
check out this thread by Princetane.
He also covers the 2 different 2014 20c coins.
http://goccf.com/t/380477

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
New Zealand
25 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will thanks
New Zealand
25 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sold wide date for $200nzd woot woot
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2616 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously?

What kind of mugu (Nigerian for fool) would buy a common coin at that price, your business ethics do not ring well with me.

Wide date is worth about 50c - $1 and you can still find them in circulation (Hint buy some coin rolls from a Westpac ATM).
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
New Zealand
25 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Military guy next door I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. He offered money for it I took. He said it's not common at all one die printed more than the other.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2616 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  06:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but that does not justify you selling it for $200.

Go next door tomorrow and give him back $199.

Naahhhh forget it - if he is dumb enough to pay you that money, keep it and be thankful for your good fortune. Its a legally binding agreement now. He brought the coin off you in good faith
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
06/10/2021 07:01 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 169Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05