Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

199? Greaser

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 286Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  7:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add honky111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
at least I think this is a greased die I'máno expert sometimes it looks like I see 1992 just not sure any thoughts on this? if it was would the reverse be considered a CAM. thanks for any input I appreciate it.

Learn More...
United States
19519 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that is pretty impressive for a first post @honk. Well done with this Greaser!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible Greaser!

Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add honky111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks been roll hunting for about 4 mths looking for a doubled die no luck yet on that lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58081 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knockout Greaser, hard to imagine a better one!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greaser.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5966 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the better greasers posted in a while! This one's a keeper for sure! And, btw, not a CAM since you asked.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3390 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  01:21 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice struck through error. A real winner.
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Extremely nice Greaser no doubt! The CAM you asked about looks to be there based on your pics even though the AM is a bit distorted due to the Grease Filled Die but I would say it is definitely a CAM. Without knowing what the date is on this Cent makes it a mystery....... I highly doubt it is a 1992 though but without knowing the actual date we will never know. Great Find nevertheless!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5966 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would say it is definitely a CAM

Nope, not a CAM. If I had to bet, I'd say the A is almost touching the M and the initials appear to be away from the building.

ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nope, not a CAM. If I had to bet, I'd say the A is almost touching the M and the initials appear to be away from the building.

If the A is almost touching, or is touching, the M it would be considered a Close AM..... With all due respect you are contradicting yourself. The designer's initials will also be further away from the Memorial on a CAM as opposed to a Wide AM.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
819 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The photos are interesting. A better analyze will be done with angle photos. Seem a really Close AM. Strange to say grease on the both sides, seem more a die adjustment strike. I will like to have this coin in my hand to analyze.

The strides on coins and the wide of the letters ask more closer look.

Why I say this it is because the greased strike is flat with no strides. It is a very interesting coin. Also the rim seem by the photos to be something.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5966 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
you are contradicting yourself.

Yep, I rushed to judgement thinking it was the other way around. My mistake. If it feels any better, you really shouldn't get your hopes up one way or the other... it's a moot point. Sorry.

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20246 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Odd about the lines on it though. Sort of makes it appear to have been cleaned by a wire wheel.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greaser great find
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05