Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible New 1961 D DDO LMC What Say You?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 196Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1526 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  12:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Busted out a roll of nice 1961 D's and found a couple with minor doubling on the L in Liberty not seeing any listed. coppercoins has one but it's hard to see the L and the other markers are way different then on this coin.http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=mds Interesting MR Wexler has a 1961 D DDO-001 listed with Doubling UNDER the L and coppercoins has one listed as a 1961 D DDO-001 Doubling on top of the L HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM For me I don't think MR Wexlers is a DDO it looks more like Die Gouge. Mine Has the same but more polished out. Just saying

Edited by Daves Errors
06/10/2021 03:30 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51647 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The attributers often have different listings as they often accept them in the order they come in. So they will not be an exact match. On the RPMs, the reason coppercoins matches, CONECA listings is that they used an older publication that had an order for them. Called the orange book:

When they completed this book the second book as added after they had already started using their numbers. Wexler's RPMs was a branch off from CONECA, but he chose to list them by strength, rather than the CONECA numbers. Now he adds the them as they come on. So that is why the sites don't match up.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3348 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From 1DO-001:

Quote:
NOTE: This may in fact be Master Die Doubling, and can be seen on a large number of 1961 cents from all mints to some degree or another.

And look at the doubled working hubs that Wexler lists. Both WWHO-001 and -003 look like they might have that slight doubling above the L. Even WDDO-001 looks like it has that doubling too.

I'm thinking master die issue?
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 196Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05