Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A 69 D Floating Roof.with No Makers Mark. Is It Of Any Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 281Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  05:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Learn More...
United States
19541 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coin, I can't tell from your pic if this is truly a floating roof, but the best way to get a value is to look on eBay for prices sold for comparable items.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also noticed the A at the end of america is different ...not sure if that matters. I'm new so any input and knowledge would be amazing. I'm eager to learn.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39420 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WADR,you will need to work on posting better photos for us to really help you. As to a possible floating roof,they have little to no premium to a true collector.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What can I do to ensure my pictures are good enough for you to help me..thank you so much for taking the time to reply very nicely put. I appreciate the kind words.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51647 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At one point they were listing them at PCGS, but they stopped. They are just another example of polished die syndrome that people go nuts for, an over polished die. The only one making money on these are the graders. The people who loose on them, are the ones who buy them. In time they will be figured out, and wonder why they wasted money on them. Stick to die varieties. At least they are the real deal.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39420 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What can I do to ensure my pictures are good enough for you to help me

Tell us what you are using now to take photos. We may be able to give you some tip on improving your pic taking skills. If you are using a cell phone, there is a clip on magnifier you can buy for not much money.
John1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58159 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics will help.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better lighting will help. Have you tried natural lighting or filtered light?
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like the coop said it is just a polished die. I only save the better floating roofs in good state.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinlover1980 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm using my cell phone to take the pictures because it's all I have to use. So I do apologize for the lack of quality I did the best I could with what I have. I will definitely try finding a better lighting source. Hopefully that will improve the picture quality. I appreciate art the help and information. I'm new to this and I hinrstlg don't know much about error coins but I find them absolutely fascinating. I'm so glad I'm at the right place to learn. Thanks everyone. Have a blessed day
Valued Member
United States
367 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A cell phone can accomplish wonders with the right lighting. It's a lot more about practice than it is equipment when you're getting started. You can get a very cheap microscope or magnifying glass on Amazon that can improve your images significantly.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't remember who, but someone suggested using a stack of books to place your phone on so that the camera is over the edge. Adjust the height of the books so the autofocus works. Then move the coin into the frame and gently touch the photo button on your phone. It stabilizes your camera (phone) and makes it easier to consistently take clear pictures. Not my idea, but I use it!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58159 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's good advice!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39420 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can also set a timer so you are not moving the phone when you touch it to take the pic. Maybe a three second timer?
John1
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05