Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help On Identifying

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 323Next Topic  
Egypt
36 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  08:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Abdelbari to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please help on identifying

Pillar of the Community
United States
7283 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully someone Greek will chime in. Some sort of Greek token.

All I got is on the side with the fancy design element is "K. King."

On the other side is "Marka 1" = 1 token

And the legend says "Calceon θ. (Greek letter theta) B. (I assume both letters are abbreviations for something)," and the remainder of it is something like "and your time."
The slabbed Half dollar No FG farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
747 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am guessing a bit here, but I think this is a canteen token from early 20th century, used within the considerable Greek community that resided in Cairo at that time.

ΚΥΛΙΚΕΙΟΝ means canteen, ΚΑΙ ΣΑΣ could be an abbreviation for "and associates" or something similar, ΚΑΙΡΟΝ is Greek for Cairo.
Edited by erafjel
06/13/2021 6:06 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 323Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05