Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Ideas On This Coin 7 Grams Bronze 26.5mm (Id: 19th Century Mexico 1/4 Real)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 278Next Topic  
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  2:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ok88beat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Any help is appreciated, the details are very poor but enough to where someone should know. There is a bust facing left in a wreath on one side and and the other side look like a date of 1759 but not 100% on that. TY

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2737 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost certainly this coin https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces35068.html although the weight seems off.
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I agree, date 1859. Weight should be 5.66 g. It's always best to weigh unknown coins accurately to at least the nearest tenth of a gram.
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ok88beat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seeker55 it weighs 7.0 grams, so that's a pretty big difference.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2737 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that the weight posted on Numista is necessarily correct, and I don't think that the mint that made this had such strict tolerance control.
I found another website (not necessarily reliable either) that shows the weight as 6.2g. Either way, I don't think there is much doubt about the identity of your coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05