Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Rhode Island Quarter With Cud.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 346Next Topic  
Valued Member

Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2021  11:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2018 Rhode Island Quarter with Cud.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2298 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a die chip.

From Cuds on Coins "a cud is a marginal die break; an error produced when a piece breaks off the edge of a die and involves the rim and at least a little bit of the adjacent field of design."
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Okay. Chip.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking at the DDRs listed for this coin on Variety Vista yesterday. You should double check the feathers for any possible doubling with the site. Some of the DDRs have die chips there.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would check for the DDRs.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The area where the DDR supposed to be has dirt or silt blocking the exact spot. I have no choice , so I am dipping the coin in acetone. If I post as is you would just see a pile up of some foreign material in the spot. So after soaking, I would post the area.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just seeing Machine Doubling that altered that one area with contact. Not even a die chip. Just spendable change.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop you may need to check your eyes if you can't see such a big die chip on the top of the body of the bird.
Hope you get well soon.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was referring to the rim disturbance. I saw the one on the wing, but it didn't occur to me they were referring to that. I thought the attention was miss directed to the edge area. Sorry. But still a spender. The die chip is not a premium item. (Oh, just figured out, the mentioning on cuds on coins, made me think that the rim was the issue.)

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
06/19/2021 3:26 pm
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
465 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. Understood. I would keep it nevertheless.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05