Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Collection Of International Birth Year Sets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 413Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thought I would like to share my little collection of prepackaged sets from around the world from my year of birth (1975)

AUSTRALIA

CANADA

CHILE

Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

DENMARK

FINLAND

FRANCE

Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

HUNGARY

JAPAN

NEW ZEALAND

SAN MARINO

SPAIN

Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UNITED KINGDOM

VATICAN CITY

WEST GERMANY

If anybody has a 1975 set they might like to sell please feel free to contact me
Edited by polarboy
06/19/2021 05:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4188 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a nice little collection. A few of us collect world coins with their birth year.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40081 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection. Isn't there something like 200+ countries? How many more do you have to go?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
20049 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work on this collection @polar!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind comments,John raises an interesting point about how many are out there. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any sort of database that lists these sort of sets. I would imagine a lot of countries wouldn't have made these sort of things, particularly back in the 70's when mints perhaps didn't realise how much money they could make with collectibles. There are some others I am aware of but have not found at a price I'm willing to pay. But it would be fascinating to know what countries have produced annual sets and when they started doing so.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
761 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some nice sets Polarboy. Interesting question re the number of sets. I have a sneeky feeling you may need to chase down FM sets for many of the smaller countries, especially island nations. They seemed to produce a lot of limited sets in the 70s.
Good luck. I look forward to seeing more sets.
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6107 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@polarboy: Very nice collection! I enjoyed having a look.

I'm not aware of a definitive online list of all sets from around the world, but here are a few other countries that I know issued uncirculated (U), specimen (S) and/or proof (P) sets in 1975 - I'm sure there are others! (It's a start! ):

- Bahamas (P. FM)
- Barbados (P, FM)
- Belize (P, FM)
- British Virgin Islands (P, FM)
- Cayman Islands (P, RC M)
- Cook Islands (P. FM)
- Jamaica (P, FM) + (U, FM) + (S, FM)
- Liberia (P, USM)
- Panama (P. FM)
- Papua New Guinea (P, FM)
- Philippines (P, FM)
- Singapore (P, SIM) + (U, SIM)
- South Africa (P, SAM)
- Trinidad & Tobago (P. FM)
- United States (P, USM) + (U, USM) - Coins are dual-dated "1776-1976" but were struck in 1975 for the sets

FM = Franklin Mint
RC M = Royal Canadian Mint
SAM = South Africa Mint
SIM = Singapore Mint
USM = United States Mint

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/21/2021 11:26 am
Valued Member
Australia
91 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that commems, Those South African ones go for crazy prices. I did have an Israeli one coming at one point but it got lost in the mail :(
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59355 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
polarboy - Very nice collection, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2275 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice birth year collection. I have one of my own going but in individual cons not in sets like yours. That is a cool idea.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 413Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05