Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1891-O Morgan Dollar Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 2,417Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  3:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I picked her up from the melting man. I think I know the rang it is in. Photos were took in the car. They might not be the best. Thanks.

1891-O-Morgan-Dollar-Grade
1891-O-Morgan-Dollar-Grade
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VG-10, possibly F-12.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was also $35. I hope I did not overpay to much.
Bedrock of the Community
ijn1944's Avatar
United States
19635 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a cookie crumb on the seat (reverse pic)?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. That's part of a sandwich I took for a snack. I forgot the cookies. You are making me hungry
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Zurie's Avatar
United States
5720 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Zurie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say VG-10, possibly details from the abraded surface and the distracting sandwich crumb. Even a cull Morgan is worth $30, so you couldn't have overpaid by much!
Pillar of the Community
JasonKflo's Avatar
United States
1694 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks cleaned VG details
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Zurie -
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking f12. My reason is that It does not look that abraded surface in real life. It looks like that due to light tricks. I am about to post new pics. I had way to much light reflecting on it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here they are:

1891-O-Morgan-Dollar-Grade
1891-O-Morgan-Dollar-Grade
1891-O-Morgan-Dollar-Grade
This shows less light reflecting and shows true surfaces a little better. I agree it looks like it was rubbed just a little with a lint cloth but not enough to be considered a"cleaning". It did not take off original surface but did leave some of those marks. I doubt it would be "details" by a TPG.
Edited by Oldfordman
06/30/2021 8:18 pm
Rest in Peace
dave700x's Avatar
United States
10625 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F details.

What kind of sammich?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ham on homemade bread. Delicious
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this belongs in the sandwich discussion forum.
Pillar of the Community
Ty2020b's Avatar
United States
4680 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F12 sounds right, possibly details from an old cleaning.
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a bullion coin in this grade in any event.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/30/2021 10:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2869 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 2,417Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums