Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Ever Get Uncirculated Mint Rolls At The Bank?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 862Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  1:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked up what I believe is an uncirculated mint roll from my bank but I'm not sure if I should get uncirculated rolls. I'll let you guys decide should I open it up and see if I can find an AU 67+ I don't think there are any varieties or errors for this year

would I be better of saving the roll itself or just search it and go grab a circulation roll? They have a few thousand dollars of just the uncoloured version all the same coin all these kinds of rolls. Crack them all and check the next? Or just save the roll? Or just stay away from these rolls?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2582 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not sure I follow, circulation roll vs uncirculated roll?

what you have is a regular mint packaged roll intended for circulation.

there might be a few gems in there, but typically with mintage's in the 100s of millions I'm not sure what sort of value they would have (I'm not modern collector) unless there were some spectacular die clashes, or offset cores etc.

personally, unless it's a special wrap roll I would crack it open
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe every coin in this roll is the same 2018 and I believe the mintage for this coin non coloured is only 1 million
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get coins and Canada prices says these at ms65 are worth 29.40 idk what it costs to have it graded but if cheaper then 27$ then there is premium lol, tho I think that's just what some have sold for
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3710 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, what CoinsandCanada says it is worth and reality are two different entities. DO NOT believe what money references are on that site.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya u don't believe there prices, if on coins sold that for that price that's what they label it worth, but this is a lie mintage. But I'ma open it because I can get a fresh uncirculated roll tomorrow if this one has nothing special. I'm hoping to find an Ms 67+ tho:) at 1m mintage I'm sure it could be worth something 30 years from now lol
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, if you yourself anyone looking wants one or a full mint roll I'll get it for you at cost plus shipping. I know nothing about shipping if anyone wants these but I'll figure it out lol.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4764 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just keep it for your son, there was only 1 or 2 million non colour version of this coin produced, this is how the mint package coins today in these plastic rolls, most of the time at local coin club auctions someone will pay around 65 dollar for a mint roll of these toonies.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Then should I but 5-10 of these rolls? I can get more tomorrow. I opened this one. But my bank is giving me mint rolls at face so why not?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My friend was there was telling my he put aside a mint roll of the provincial rolls as well. But I think he has it:p he would sell me it at cost probably.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4764 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How can you lose at face value, when clubs are opened again the club makes a small cut from the auction and you help out a fellow collector.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2582 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1,000,000 mintage changes things, but not by much.

just comparing to 2012 NON security issue.
mintage was 1.5m, however most were recalled and destroyed.
even if 1m survived they are selling for under $10 in UNC

numista.com (with user inputted values from actual sales) rates the 2018 at around $5 (2.5x over face which is still a pretty good return)

not worth grading unless you've got something spectacular, but probably worth buying a handful of rolls
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it normal for banks to give customers uncirculated rolls? They have about 30-50 that they showed me. After my son's first birthday I went over board $$ wise so I'm just gonna get 1 at a time and look at each roll. But if you want one let me know, if your from my area then it's at cost uncirculated if not I'll let you pay postage. But I'll grab a couple for my son's collection. I'm not here to make money, more to make friends in the Coin World for knowledge.

I'll swing by tomorrow to make sure they are still saving me some lol. But ya as to my original question do banks sell uncirculated rolls at cost normally?
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they do. That's what they are for is circulation. They aren't a store. I went for quarters and and all 20 rolls were 2021
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These aren't 2021 though, these are 2018. And a low mintage, though new coin mintages are all N.A lol. And also already 3 years old in opened mint rolls. Of I couldn't afford them after looking up a bunch if different things I'd buy them all myself lol. But I guess if no one wants any I'll just keep getting them and breaking them open for the best I can find or errors. Either way costs nothing and a new adventure for me lol. I found plenty of Ms 60-65 idk if any would be better but I'm no pro. Alot of little dings or scratches one some. One looked like little scratches around the rim of the whole coin. But I can only see it zoomed in.

I still have a lot to learn and uncirculated circulation coins is new to me. At a low mintage and no cost to me a whole new adventure lol.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 862Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05