Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange Coin Any ID Possible?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 673Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  4:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add moomjean to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
found this coin in an old family box in storage. any idea what it is or if its worth anything other than copper value?

Edited by moomjean
07/22/2021 4:33 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moomjean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the welcome.. I'm new to coin collecting
so just in that phase of looking at everything but know nothing

hope to get better soon!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2625 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trust me, most of us learn as you learn. Ask away!

Learn More...
United States
20845 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@moom, that is pretty interesting. I'm trying to read the inscription. It looks like "LORD LUPU" or perhaps "LORD LUAU" on one side and something like "GATAS XXVIII" on the other. The letter forms don't strike me a being particularly old though.

Here is a slightly improved version of your first pic to help others continue the search for an identification:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
12011 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  01:05 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like "LORD LUPUS" to me, but I can't really make sense of that in relation to anything other than a Spanish heavy metal band and lupus being Latin for wolf which may be the image in the center if oriented correctly.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Edited by spruett001
07/23/2021 01:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4268 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that it is a fantasy piece, made for a game or something. Deliberately made to look like it was from the middle ages.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moomjean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
like a board game? I highly doubt my grandparents
were playing video games haha!

yeah I cant seem to find anything on it either so its either a crazy rare find or just a trinket someone made
Learn More...
Australia
13846 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the "Lord Lupus" reading. The "portrait" is that of a wolf or werewolf.

It's some kind of fantasy coin.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it looks like currency of Sri Lanka , I may be wrong , and may have been made to look that way as you guys said.
As Above, So Below
Edited by Pauley
08/05/2021 12:21 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 673Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05