Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Latest Standing Lib Quarter Full Head Pickups

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,057Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last night I picked up the following two coins for my SLQ Full Head DATE set (I'm doing a DATE set to keep from having to sell my house to complete a set with a Full Head for every mint mark for every date. This way, only 14 coins are needed to complete the DATE set, and I can pick the least expensive of the choices for each date).

1. 1921 MS65FH PCGS w/CAC. CAC pop = 11.
2. 1923 MS64FH PCGS w/CAC. CAC pop = 5. This latter one is a "place holder", as I prefer a MS65FH or MS66FH for 1923. Yes, I know it's silly to buy a placeholder, but who knows how long it'll take for one of the very few in those higher grades with real nice eye appeal to show up on the market?

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Edited by Winesteven
07/24/2021 10:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is some serious ... And for those of you out there who are curious about the approximate value, it is about 10,000 dollars retail for the pair .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60623 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super coins for sure, great pics!
Valued Member
United States
303 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! that 21 is a beauty even with the few carbon spots. Very nicely struck. Congrats!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
302 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, and great definition on the shields as well, particularly for the '21.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is wow. Great looking coins!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, that is some serious ... And for those of you out there who are curious about the approximate value, it is about 10,000 dollars retail for the pair .

Thanks for your kind words. Since you mentioned values, the CAC Retail Price Guide has the pair at $10,820. I paid $9,912 for the pair, with a credit card, since I was not able to get a lower price if paid by check.

Quote:
Super coins for sure, great pics!

Thanks. The photos are from the seller. My photo skills and equipment are poor.

Quote:
Wow! that 21 is a beauty even with the few carbon spots. Very nicely struck. Congrats!

Quote:
Very nice, and great definition on the shields as well, particularly for the '21.

Thanks for your kind words. I've looked at a lot of high grade 1921 FH SLQ's, and they each have several "distractions". Despite the carbon spots, I feel this is overall the nicest one I've seen. As you've noted, not only is the head very full, but so is the shield, not only with its rivets, but all details of the shield as well. It has booming blazing luster. Close examination fails to find any marks, other than the carbon spots. I looked at the photos of this coin when Heritage sold it in 2006, and the carbon spots are identical to now, so apparently that is stable. The first digit "1" is notoriously absent on most 1921's, as the dies simply never brought that digit up to comparatively good relief.

Quote:
All I can say is wow. Great looking coins!

Thank you very much!

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

Edited by Winesteven
07/24/2021 11:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2918 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking pair! Great strike, excellent luster, I can see why CAC liked them. I would have guessed 1/2 point to 1 point higher on either one.
Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve like usual WOW!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4137 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40780 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  05:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins, I am sure you are proud of that collection.
How many more to go of the 14?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7213 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are indeed really special Steve. Congratulations on acquiring them.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15850 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Real nice ladies ; Congrats

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Beautiful coins, I am sure you are proud of that collection.
How many more to go of the 14?
John1

Thank you John1. Now I just need one, 1926. However, as noted I want to eventually upgrade my 1923, and I also want to upgrade my 1927-S, currently MS64+FH to a 1927 from Philadelphia MS66FH (the 1927-S is much more expensive in 66FH than the plain 1927). My 1917 is a Type 1, which to me is fine, but the NGC Registry requires a 1917 Type 2. Maybe I'll go for that, or maybe not.

All others that commented, thank you all very much! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Steve

Edited by Winesteven
07/25/2021 7:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
799 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would have guessed 1/2 point to 1 point higher on either one.

Beautiful pair for sure!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
2369 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,057Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05