Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

(Possible Double Die) 2021-P Roosevelt Dime

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 238Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  7:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LincolnPeddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello CCF,
I came across this new 2021-P Dime with a possible double die on the reverse side and was needing some advise from knowledgeable people on the matter. I also have 1997 Roosevelt with some kind of earlobe issue and a 2015 Dime with a possible off center strike plus other issues. There is so much to learn when it comes to coins and I haven't been collecting long enough to say without a doubt this is what they would be identified as so I hope ya don't mind taking a look.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post 1 coin peer thread. They are confusing when put together. The letters in pluribus look like md to me.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LincolnPeddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YEA sorry about all the pics at one time I'll be sure to make more than one post next time. Do u have any idea what the photo of Roosevelt ear would be classified as.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53364 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the 2015-P the earlobe is an over polished die issue. Note the fields have been polished down and the LIBERTY is looking pretty weak. The reverse fields looks like there was an issue with Feeder Finger Damage and when they polished out the dies, it weakened the design. We see this a lot on the lower profile single squeeze dies. What does Feeder Finger Damage look like:

Note how flat the fields on the torch area looks. Just a die event coin. Worth more with the Feeder Finger Damage. Pretty much a normal coin after it has been polished.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 238Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05