Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello I'm R. From Indiana

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 383Next Topic  
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Recently inherited some of my uncles coin collection. Never gad money to invest in serious coins myself but I always saved any old coins I found in change. I had about 70 1958 wheat backs until someone got into them. But have a very fine/not much wear Buffalo nickel found in dirt. However it's very dark and has dirt around edges of image. I soaked it in acetone but it only took off a little.I hope I didn't hurt it but was carefull not to scrub on it so I may post it sometime for opinions.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41268 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

I was born four counties to the west.

Strand of Oaks fan?
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grew up in very remote Rockies of Montana and north Idaho without tv and radio, hadnt heard of strand of oaks. just listened to one of their songs on YouTube and they have a great sound !
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

When I was a kid I lived two years Northern Idaho adjacent... across the river in Clarkston, WA. I loved it there. I keep saying I want to go back when I retire (I still have to convince the wife). When my family moved back east we got stuck in Butte, MT during a snow storm. It was June.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1410 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5074 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/405171#3467902

Hey Jbuck! My grandparents lived in lewiston Id. for 50 years many cousins lived in clarkston. I was born in sandpoint but lived out in the mountains in cabins because my dad was a forest Ranger.
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I hope I don't offend anyone by my typing qnd mispells. I'm quadriplegic veteran and hands barley work so to type a paragraph takes me 10 min. Earlier I accdently had hit caps and when I realised it I didn't want to start all over. An administratir got after me for yelling. I never mean it that way but ill try harder to not shake and hit wrong keys and be sure to edit better.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This place is Awesome , There is a lot of knowledge here.
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your service, @Roagan. Glad you get to spend some time now on numismatics.
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First and foremost, thank you for your service.

Quote:
Hey Jbuck! My grandparents lived in lewiston Id. for 50 years many cousins lived in clarkston.
Wow! Some of them could have been neighbours or schoolmates. Less that 7k back when I lived there, I am sure I ran across one of them at some point.

Quote:
I was born in sandpoint but lived out in the mountains in cabins because my dad was a forest Ranger.
That is cool! My dad worked with Potlatch in Lewiston, which is forestry dependent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/405171#3470450
That is cool! My dad worked with Potlatch in Lewiston, which is forestry dependent.

Hope I did this right Jbuck. My dads first job was potlatch until a friend got killed there, my uncle Ralph continued there for a while after that. After that my dad went to college for forestry and worked when I was real young till 3 for US forest service near hope idaho which I'm have vague memories of. We moved to gallatin gateway ranger station in a cabin in Montana just over the mountain from yellowstone, lots of wildlife! When I was 7 we moved to near Riggins Idaho out of town towards the mountains of heavens gate and seven devils. TheN we moved to the first town I lived in kamiah Idaho on the Indian reservation up river from Lewiston when I was 12 and we got our first tv which by then I hardly watched. Great childhood adventures in the mountains running around, I always thought about writing a book about it.
Edited by Roagan
08/14/2021 1:19 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05