Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1989 D Washington Quarter: DDO, RPM?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 333Next Topic  
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  3:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ello everyone & I have a few coins needing skilled eyeballs and may could educate me on what exactly I'm setting my eyes on. This quarter is either beautifully birth marked and / or sporting some battle wounds from machine. I've watched many a video and seen many a photo of 'double dies'. Why DD are held so high is beyond me. I prefer my coins full of character... not locked in a cage being judged. but was curious to know what errors my quarter is sporting and if sending it to a professional to confirm errors would be encouraged. I'm a coin hoarder and have spent many hours staring at my shinies. Though I've only recently been obsessed. I've many newbie questions because I'm not exactly sure what the possibilities are in the error division. I also get excited about coins, and what goes though my head when I see a possible error can be a bit creative, but I truly haven't much experience nor have I researched enough to be certain of my findings. I have noticed respectable responses, I appreciate that :) all feedback is welcomed. Thank you very much for your time!

Aereal

Also please be patient with me, this is my first time working with this type platform on a phone.
I don't know how to change names of photos quite yet because I'm not sure if it will ruin something if I try. and I've spent a good portion of the day working on this post lol! Experience isn't taught :) anyhow, I hope the photos aren't too bad. It's hard to capture the coins' discrepancies sometimes.
Thank you again !!!

I'll try these three first. I'm sure I can add more after posted, yes? Thanks!

Learn More...
United States
103894 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!!!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope I didn't break any rules. hard to tell. Anyhow, thanks for the welcome and help with relocating my post. Was expecting a response by now. this morning I found something interesting, should I be unsure about posting? #128533;
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53504 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of how they looked that year on the motto:
https://images.PCGS.com/CoinFacts/3...299_2200.jpg

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would there be a book consisting of images of coins with common post mint damage frequently mistaken for mint errors? A replica set of error coins and a book about all the varieties would help. The 'doubling' looked a bit crooked on the coin I have. if new, it would be idental to the PCGS image. Before I heard DDO/R, PMD, RPM, Die Crack, Cud, I had my own vocab for things. Shadowing is a word I use often. In my scope, some angles reflect the light Off the sides of the letterings, giving the appearance of doubling. But out of all the quarters I've seen, including the 1989s, this particular one wasn't a typical shadowing, and didn't look like it was struck twice. I searched and searched for information on this coin and got nothing. That link you sent, before I go plundering on my slow connection, would it educate me on typical mistaken errors? Stepping into error world of coin collecting has been woah. Of all the coins I've held in my hand, not once have I seen a spitting eagle, speared Buffalo, doubled die, three legged Buffalo or floating roof, but I couldn't honestly say I didn't have one, and just not recognize it.
Anyhow, much thanks!
Appreciate your time and knowledge!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I see the so called error section now. THANKS A BUNCH!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MommaFrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr cooper that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Awesome video! Ok could I get help with another coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53504 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3112 Posts
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well Mommafrog don't feel bad I've been holding on to three of those hoping that I had something.
I guess you got the question answered for both of us.
But its always better to hear it from our friends here, than from a grading company.
That can be costly.
I'm pretty new at this myself.

to the forum
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05