Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking At Supposed Unc Pennies From 58 To 82 Found This 68d With Bad Lam?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 291Next Topic  
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  12:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
anyone got an idea what is wrong with this penny thanks for sharing.

Edited by Roagan
08/17/2021 12:22 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12009 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a lamination issue.
Possibly something like glue has spilled on your CENT.
Try soaking it in acetone for 24 hrs and see if it comes off.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12014 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like something is on the surface.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61580 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks that way to me as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53984 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why glue? Because we can see through it on your coin. If it were a chip, we would not be able to see through it. It is glue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange these coins were in an envelope sent out with a Whitman book in 1982 and never opened still in cellophane wrap from icc in vermont. Not sure how good they were. I just opened it and they were supposed to be an unciculated set to put in the book. all the other coins are pretty nice and shiny except a few have partly toned a couple with rainbow tones. I was just shocked at the condition of this one? Inn the up side 2 of the 1970 coins have floating roofs and blob fg
Edited by Roagan
08/17/2021 5:59 pm
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also wonder why some of the letters look dd
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roagan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a lamination issue.
Possibly something like glue has spilled on your CENT.
Try soaking it in acetone for 24 hrs and see if it comes off.

Jimmy d you and the rest are right!, I soaked for 15 min and 99% came off however some spots look a little cleaner now. its in a Whitman 58-82 set so its going up for sale along with the 2 floating roof 1970d&s
Edited by Roagan
08/17/2021 5:57 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05