Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Australian Bank Notes. Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 458Next Topic  

Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2021  7:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jimmy74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have some old well conserved Australian bank notes. one is a bit ripped up though. Just wondering if they're worth anything?

Thanks
J.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Australia
852 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Am not a note collector but suspect the poor condition of the notes in pictures 2 onwards would render their value as face only unless there was some oddity with the serial numbers. Am sure note collectors will chime in and give further advice.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1107 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  12:25 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More of less face value, only the UNC condition 1 dollar 2 dollar any serial can get maybe 2 to 3 times face value if running serials then maybe a bit more.
Australia
15 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The $2 Commonwealth of Australia note would have to be worth a bit more than face value
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2021  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jens coins, to CCF.
Condition is everything when it comes to notes, even more so than coins.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimmy74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some coins too which I'd like to know about. Photos aren't the best but on all coins there are errors.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3251 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jimmy74, welcome to CCF.
Those coins are mostly common circulation coins that you can find every day, although the COF 50 cent coins are getting harder to find these days. Not really worth above face in that condition though.

Jen Coins, nice to see you posting here too.

both of you.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
09/01/2021 07:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
909 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... but on all coins there are errors.

Hi Jimmy74 and to the forum!

Just wondering what the errors are that you are seeing (as an aside, it's important to get coin orientation correct for easy viewing)?
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3019 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picture 1 - Both Johnston and Stones, last type before $12 coin. Issued 1983, consecutive numbers, AU or UNC, maybe $5 the pair

Picture 2 - A $5 and $10 both worn - sadly we can't tell which signature as you have the reverses only. Australia on them means that they are 1974 or later.

Picture 3 - The 4 $2 notes, 3 are common Johnston/Stones of 1983 - 85 and worth FV. However second note is a Phillips Randall Cof A note from 1968. It would be VG/Fine and yet still worth a few $ in even that condition, McDonald (2008) has a fine condition example listed at $10, however these are SELLING prices.

Picture 4 - Two worn and 1983 Johnston/Stone $1 notes - typical hoarding when the $1 coin came out.

None of the serial numbers are significant.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimmy74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was noting that on most of the coins the print if that's what you call it is off centre and especially on the 50c count the borders have a double layer on one side. The 2006 1$ coin the offset is also visible around the queens head
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05