Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

September 2021 - RCM Release

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,170Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
257 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Also, the mountains around lake Louise are never silver; should be green.
Valued Member
Canada
257 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rumor says the 4th UFO coin is coming, featuring Hôtel Bonaventure Montréal.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2858 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the last 2 UFO coins have been released in October, it is a safe bet we will see one next month.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As we reach the midpoint in the month (Wednesday), much of this month's release is sold out at the RCM

Sold out includes:
- Wolf Sketch (Robert Bateman)
- Maple Leaf Fractional Set
- EHR Bison head (Gold & Silver)

Still Available
- EHR Lake Louise
- Generations - Inuit Nunangat
- Giftware holiday set

If you are interested in the sold out items, all but the wolf are available at Canada Post.
Learn More...
Canada
10037 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I caved today and bought the Lake Louise EHR coin.

I have taught field school (2nd year geology) in those mountains and have run field trips from international conferences in Calgary to the Columbia icefields. So there is a sentimental attachment for this coin.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I caved today and bought the Lake Louise EHR coin.

Welcome to the dark side @SPP

I do understand the appeal and have hiked extensively in Banff & Jasper national parks when lived in Calgary and now in the coastal ranges as I live in Greater Vancouver.

One thing that this coin shows in stark relief is the ratio of height to footprint. As tall and majestic as the mountains appear, they are not that high relative to area. I once read that were the earth to be reduced to the size of a pool or snooker ball, even with the range from the Marianas to Everest, the earth would be as smooth as a pool ball and that most maps or globes that exhibit relief really exaggerate height/depth relative to area. I know that you shouldn't believe everything you read but the numbers seem right from a project I undertook a bunch of years ago to come up with a 3-D map of Whistler Blackcomb. Without vertical scale exaggeration, it was quite un-impressive at a 15cm square footprint. Same for the Georgia basin/Salish Sea even though parts of Jervis Inlet reach 670m in depth.

On the flip side... I bought a graded 1917-C Sovereign on the weekend.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,170Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: