Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1872 Indian Head Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 283Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think this Cent may be the snow-14 MPD. It has the correct shallow N reverse. Has anyone seen one of these in a lower Grade like this Coin and could confirm that?

I could only find a photo example online that is Graded MS65, so of course they look a lot different, but do appear similar. Thanks for any help!

MS65 example - https://www.indiancent.com/1872-1c-...3493991.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! I love me some shallow N IHCs. Have dozens of 1871 Shallow N from AG to MS! Also have an 1872 Shallow N in MS64RD (I sold my MS65RD a few years ago). These are always fun to pull out of the wild.

1872 is more common to find these than 1871, but they are both scarce!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20394 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never noticed but now will have to go and check out all of mine.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date position is right. I see the 2 in the hair curl. Can you see anything in the curl of the 2? Nice pick.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.

I can't really see anything but the "swoosh" shape of the 2, that looks close to the same as the higher Grade examples found. That space where the 2 is placed has quite a bit of dirt build-up, that I don't want to remove, to thoroughly investigate that area.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 283Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05