Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943? Lincoln Error Penny

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 986Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4144 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Well the pictures are getting much better. Keep trying, soon you will be able to have nice large ones we can use to help you out better.

However, from what I can see from the images you provided show circulation damage to me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12557 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a 1943 COPPER cent. ( Weight 3.11 g) Maybe that is what
the OP is referring to, not the damage.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trying to get a picture of the less enhanced photo so you can see what I am seeing. This will be the last one I post on this coin. The date is partially obstructed because of the gouge. I see the top of the 4 and more visible about half of the 3. It could be a fake or not. I don't know. I inherited this coin and others when my dad deceased in 1985. I stored them in a shoe box and pulled them out a few days ago.

I am learning a lot and am grateful for all the comments and tutorials. And I might be rich some day. lol

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62812 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A larger image would really help.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12557 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rosie
Would it be possible to take a larger clear photo of just the date and mm,
that is probably the easiest way to tell if it is genuine or not.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If these come across right, you should be able to see the date.

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been trying to get a good picture of the date only.

Break is needed; will try tomorrow. No luck at the moment but green pics should help.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62812 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like 1913 to me.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54594 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 3 is not the shape the 1943 has. I agree it is a 1913 cent. With the deep cuts into the coin, it is a cull coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date only of this 1943? Lincoln penny:

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Updated picture of 1943? Lincoln penny:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12557 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Despite the newer photo, it is still a 1913 cent.
All you have to do is compare the 3 on a 1913 with that of a 1943. They are different styles.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62812 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly so.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rosie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, my son and I came to the same conclusion yesterday after he took a much better picture than mine.

Thx for all the comments, especially the nice ones.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 986Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: