Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seller Selling Counterfeit 1945 & 1947 Canadian Silver Dollars On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 833Next Topic  

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  6:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ty1995 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been on the fence before, but these dollars are clearly fake and I'd hate to see someone actually buy them. I've reported them over the last day but they're still up

The seller has over 4000 feedback with 100% positive... How would they not know....

Fake 1945
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CANADA-1945...irect=mobile

Fake 1947
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1947-Blunt-...rect=mobile0

Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could've fooled me! How can you tell they're fake?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12557 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many subtle differences on these.
The thick bottom on the L's in dollar, the canoe, King Georges face, etc.
Do a side by side comparison and you will notice them
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
901 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The font of the lettering looks too large.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty1995 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look below the "GE" in George, and above his ear, you'll notice on both coins the raised metal bumps from casting. Plus the pitted look of the coins, and the terrible fonts (especially the dates).
I'm 100% confident these are fake. They have those leftover metal bumps in the same areas of the obverse which is odd
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3609 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  06:24 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% fake
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4078 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obvious fakes , not even silver .
Both reported !
Edited by Pacificoin
09/26/2021 1:59 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 833Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: