Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Some Help About PCGS (Not A Complaint) Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 244Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My questions are simple enough I think. When you receive a grade of AU details damage (code 98)lincoln. will all coins with environmental damage automatically get an AU grade when you have environmental damage. I have one coin with a speck of green in the middle of the 9 in the date. Can this be restored in your opinion? I know without coin in hand it's hard to determine. This coin is exceptional although not rare. I received a ms-66+ for a 1932 Lincoln that is not as good as the 1930-d I am referring to. Although not valuable I want it for my collection. Before you tell me to research to find the answer, I did just that to no avail. Maybe not researching the right places? I know some of you have experience with this. The only thing left to do is call PCGS, but I will wait for a few replies before I attempt that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5544 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post a photo or two when possible. Sounds interesting.
Edited by ijn1944
09/28/2021 08:52 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4601 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depending on the extent of the corrosion, the coin may be able to be saved. if there's any evidence of pitting underneath the verdegris, then the coin will be permanently damaged
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3068 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, if they gave it AU Details then it is their opinion that it is not uncirculated and is AU. If a coin exhibits uncirculated details, then they would give it exactly that, UNC Details, regardless of the damage.

Good pics accurately showing the surfaces will certainly help here. May be a chance in conserving it, may not.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
[No, if they gave it AU Details then it is their opinion that it is not uncirculated and is AU. If a coin exhibits uncirculated details, then they would give it exactly that, UNC Details, regardless of the damage.

Good pics accurately showing the surfaces will certainly help here. May be a chance in conserving it, may not.]

Here is the photograde picture verification PCGS 2606.9842925155 please tell me what you see that I am missing if any of you have experience with this
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSilverDollar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's an AU Detail with Spots(possible PCV Damages?)also maybe cleaned and obverse Lincoln is looking very weak struck or its wear.

https://d1htnxwo4o0jhw.cloudfront.n...24301362.jpg

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05